Skip to main content


If you are going through sensitive circumstances with your family or other close relationships, we are here to help you resolve your issues objectively and compassionately. Our lawyers are experienced in getting our clients through the legal system as quickly and inexpensively as possible. We can assist you whether or not your case should settle or go to trial.

At Access the Law, we handle each case individually with care based on the details of your specific circumstances. We represent clients facing the following disputes:

  • Dissolution of Marriage (Divorce)/ Domestic Partnership
  • Property Division
  • Child Custody and Visitation
  • Child and Spousal Support
  • Parental Relocation
  • Prenuptial and Post-nuptial Agreements
  • Post-Divorce Modification
  • Family Abuse Prevention Act (FAPA) Restraining Orders

Contact us and set up an appointment to hear more about family law. We can help you move

forward in filing the proper paperwork, evaluating your dispute, and getting you (and your

family) all the necessary options.*

*Initial consultation is $80.

Do you need help with a divorce?

A divorce, also called “dissolution of marriage” by the courts, is a way of legally ending a marriage. A divorce judgment will decide:

  • The date your marriage ends
  • Who gets custody of the children and when the other parent sees them
  • Who pays child support and how much
  • Who will pay health insurance for the children
  • Who should pay past bills
  • How property (including retirement benefits and a home) will be divided
  • Whether one spouse will pay spousal support (alimony) to the other

We can also assist in the Dissolution of Domestic Partnerships.

Do you need help with child custody?

There are two common types of custody: joint legal custody, and sole legal custody. Joint custody refers to the parents sharing the decision-making about a child regardless of the amount of actual time the child spends with, or lives with, one parent or the other. Joint legal custody in Oregon is where parents share the role of decision maker regarding care, control, education, health, religion and residence of their minor child(ren). Sole legal custody in Oregon means that the custodial parent makes all major decisions regarding the child. These major decisions may include the child’s religious and educational training, health care and where the child will live. Usually the child lives with the sole custodial parent most of the time. We can also help you with parenting time plans and more.

Do you need to modify a court ordered plan?

Modifications refer to the post-divorce process. People seeking modifications of financial orders need to file a motion and show the court that there has been a substantial change on a party’s financial circumstances. We can help you do this. Several agreements stem from a court order, and some are modifiable.  For example, child support is always modifiable. Alimony is usually modifiable, but courts can order it to be non-modifiable. Custody is always subject to modification, as is visitation. If you need help modifying or enforcing these types of court agreements, contact us.